Friday, March 18, 2011

Three Great Farmers Markets.....Bringing the best of the country to the heart of the city.

Ready, set.....get your basket.  The Portland Farmers Market located at Portland State University Opens this Saturday March 19th, 2011 8:30 a.m.  It runs through December with a slight time change for the last 2 months.  This is one of my favorite markets.  If you live close in it is an easy walk.  Many vendors selling a variety of goods- fruits & vegetables, beautiful flowers, candles, honey, fresh eggs, amazing pies, baked breads and so much more.  I never have enough room in my basket and I make a habit of only buying my fresh flowers at the market.  Like I said....get your basket.
http://www.portlandfarmersmarket.org/

Another favorite of mine is the Hillsdale Farmers Market.  I have to ride my vespa to this one as it is farther away for me.  Located by Wilson High School it opens this weekend on Sunday March 20, 2011 10 a.m. -2 p.m.  This is a charming market, not too big, same great produce, flowers, bread.  They have really great vendors to grab some lunch and if your lucky they have some entertainment.  Make sure to stop by Rebecca's booth River Wave Foods she has a Thai sauce that will change your life.
http://www.hillsdalefarmersmarket.com/

Last but certainly not least is the Portland Farmers Market at Pioneer Courthouse Square.  Located smack dab in the middle of our beautiful city.  It runs from June 20th-September 26th 2011 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.  They have a Veggie Valet, Chef in the Market, flowers & sometimes entertainment.  This market has a great city Vibe.
www.portlandfarmersmarket.org/markets/pionee-square

No comments:

Post a Comment